What is the National Cherry Festival Marching Band ?
The National Cherry Festival Marching Band (formerly known as the Second Time Arounders) was formed in 1984 as musical ambassadors to the National Cherry Festival. The band is made up of dedicated community members and life-long musicians from around the Grand Traverse Region.
Who can participate?
Anyone with a love for playing an instrument in a marching band!
How do I participate?
Simple just come to the rehearsals. Rehearsals are at Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton Middle School: 1601 N Three Mile Rd, Traverse City, MI 496962023 Rehearsal Schedule:
All rehearsal times are from 7pm to 8:30pm
- Tuesday, June 6: music rehearsal
- Thursday, June 8: music rehearsal
- Thursday, June 15: music/marching rehearsal
- Thursday, June 22: marching rehearsal
- Thursday, June 29 : marching rehearsal, with pizza/pop at 8pm.
When are the performances?
Tentatively, the National Cherry Festival Marching Band will participate in the following 2023 events:
- June 19th Ambassador Kick Off Party
- July 6th, Consumers Energy Community Royale Parade
- July 8th, DTE Energy Foundation Cherry Royale Parade
I need more info, who do I contact?
Please contact Craig Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org