Bay Side Beach Volleyball Registration
The 28th annual National Cherry Festival Bayside Beach Volleyball Tournament has become a favorite for players of all skill levels. Online registration will open April 2013.
Games will be played on one of the most beautiful beaches in Michigan, located on West Grand Traverse Bay. The tournament, which will be held during air show weekend, will begin with the two-person competition on Saturday, Julne 29, at 9:00 a.m. The four-person tournament will be held on Sunday, June 30, beginning at 9:00 a.m.
The Volleyball Tournament is one of the most popular sporting events of the Festival and fills up fast. Limited space availability for all DIVISIONS so sign up now! Be a part of one of the “coolest” events of the Festival. See you on the beach!
Some Tournament Rules
1. Two person men's and women's divisions open handsets are allowed, except on service return.
2. Four person women's and co-ed divisions open hand sets are allowed, except on service return.
3. Four person co-ed recreational divisions no open hand sets or service return.
4. Four person co-ed teams must have two female and two male players.
5. Four person team rosters may have no more than four players total.
6. Two person team rosters may have no more than two players total.
7. Five minutes after game time is a forfeit.
8. Team Captain is the only person to call a time out and only one time-out per game.
9. Tournament Director has final say on all format and rule decisions.